The original family business has evolved from sawmill, matchstick factory and brickworks into a global player.
Hamberger in figures (as at 2017)
- Annual turnover: 315 million euros
- Employees: > 2,500 globally
- Proportion of exported products: 50 %
- Export countries: 90
- DIN EN ISO 9001 since 1995
- Environment management system under DIN EN ISO 14001 since 1998
- PEFC certification since 2002
- Energy management system under DIN EN ISO 50001 since 2012
The production location at company headquarters in Stephanskirchen includes a combined heat and power plant, which allows Hamberger a high degree of self-sufficiency in terms of energy supply. Waste wood from the sawmill as well as from parquet and laminate floor production is converted in an environmentally-friendly process into thermal energy and electricity. Apart from supplying the company's own heat and electricity needs, electricity is also fed into the public grid on a daily basis. The thermal energy generated is sufficient to heat about 15,000 single-family homes. The electricity produced would provide power for 20,000 households.